FINAL EXAM DETAILS
NO EXAM is required to receive credit for completing real estate courses in a classroom setting whether in-person or by live webcast. To receive credit for completing all self-study real estate courses requires you to take and pass a closed book proctored exam. Proctored exam means administered by an approved person called a proctor. This person can be a school representative or individual approved by the school. Also, you need to provide a current photo ID and your current Real Estate License # (if applicable) to take an exam.
LICENSE COURSE EXAMS
For Licensing courses you must pass a multiple choice closed book exam with a score of 75% or better. 90 hour Broker licensing has two exams (125 and 25 questions). 30 hour Broker Post-License course has one 25 question exam. 45 hour Managing Broker licensing has one 50 question exam. The final exams can be taken at the Sure Win office by appointment Monday through Friday 9:30 am to 2:30 pm or online with a proctor. Details of "Online Proctored Exams" are below.
CONTINUING EDUCATION EXAMS
There is NO EXAM for Continuing Education courses taken in a classroom setting either in-person or by live webcast. For every 3 hours of Self-Study Continuing Education you must pass a 25 question true/false closed book proctored exam with a score of 70% or better. For Self-Study Continuing Education exams you have these options:
- Testing in your office for groups. Contact Sure Win for details,
- Set up an "Online Proctored Exam" (details below),
- Take the exams at the SURE WIN office by appointment. We administer exams at our Rosemont/Des Plaines office by appointment Monday through Friday 9:30 am to 4 pm. Email us with the date and time when you want to come in and we will confirm, or
- If taking an in-person class, you can take self-study exams at the end of the class.
- Come on the day to the location at the time we are conducting testing. NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY. Just show up.
- Sat. 3/3 at 3:45 pm at Lisle = National Lewis University, 850 Warrenville Rd., Lisle IL. 60532
- Sat. 3/10 - 4:30 pm at Rosemont/Des Plaines = Sure Win Inc., 2200 Devon Ave. Suite 246, Des Plaines IL. 60018
- Tues. 3/20 at 3:45 pm at Tinley/Orland/Mokena = Rasmussen College, 8650 Spring Lake Dr., Mokena IL. 60448
- Wed. 3/21 at 3:45 pm at Tinley/Orland/Mokena = Rasmussen College, 8650 Spring Lake Dr., Mokena IL. 60448
- Sat. 3/24 - 3:45 pm at Rosemont/Des Plaines = Sure Win Inc., 2200 Devon Ave. Suite 246, Des Plaines IL. 60018
- Sun. 3/25 - 3:45 pm at Rosemont/Des Plaines = Sure Win Inc., 2200 Devon Ave. Suite 246, Des Plaines IL. 60018
- Wed. 3/28 - 3:45 pm at Lisle = National Lewis University, 850 Warrenville Rd., Lisle IL. 60532
- Thurs. 3/29 - 3:45 pm at Lisle = National Lewis University, 850 Warrenville Rd., Lisle IL. 60532
ONLINE PROCTORED EXAMS - ALL COURSES
The proctor is the person who fills out the registration not the student.
If your proctor registers and the student has not paid or completed all required
class time and/or coursework the exams will not be setup until completed.
What Is Proctor Testing?
Illinois law DOES NOT allow licensees to take real estate exams alone. The state requires that all real estate exams be administered by an individual called a proctor. A proctor is any person, including a licensed instructor, who has a written agreement with a licensed pre-license or licensed continuing education (CE) school to administer, in person or electronically, examinations fairly and impartially. The proctor shall authenticate the identity of the student taking the examination; monitor the student and examination-taking process by being physically and remained visually present for the entire time the student was taking the exams; and, protect the confidentiality of school materials. Proctors must be impartial third parties (e.g., not a licensee's sponsoring broker, managing broker, or any relative, etc.).
Who Can Be A Proctor?
A qualified proctor must be:
- Over 21 years of age
- Speaks English
- Capable of performing basic computer skills
- Able to fairly administer the exam
- Able to abide by/follow the rules/process set forth by the State of Illinois and Sure Win Inc.
- CANNOT be related to the licensee by blood or marriage
- CANNOT be the licensees Sponsoring or Managing Broker
- CANNOT have an Illinois Real Estate License
Acceptable proctors can be people you know such as:
- Staff member of any education provider or professional organization
- Unlicensed office manager/coordinator
- Non real estate licensed professionals such as:
- Police Officer
- Business person
- Most libraries provide proctors and proctoring services.
- Illinois Real Estate Licensees CANNOT be proctors.
Process For Proctoring.
Proctor approvals and exam setup are completed within 1 business day. DO NOT sign up and immediately call to have the exams setup. We process these in the order they come in. Calling will delay it. No exceptions. Have your proctor register in advance.
- THE PROCTOR will fill out an online registration form at SURE WIN Online Proctor Registration for each licensee they will be proctoring for.
- A proctor can proctor exams for more than one student but must fill out a registration form for each student.
- Even if the proctor has registered in the past they will need to register for each student each time they will be proctoring for them.
- Proctors, before registering make sure the student has signed up and paid for the course. If not, DO NOT register as this will cause delays in the approval and setting up the exams.
- Once we receive a registration we review the proctor information, verify the students order plus completion of any required class time or coursework. Once everything is verified and completed we set up the exams.
- If the proctor is not approved they will receive an email within 1 business day explaining why.
- The exams are set up after all the required class time and/or coursework is completed. If the proctor registered before these are completed and DOES NOT get notification of denial they are approved. We will hold the registration until the student has finished what is required and then set up the exams.
- Once the exams have been set up the student will then receive an email informing them to contact their proctor to schedule with them to take the exams and the proctor receives an email with a unique username and password for each student they are registered for, along with instructions on how to proceed. NOTE: If the student has received the email and the proctor has not, make sure they check their spam folder. If you are using Outlook or a similar email management program, log into your actual email account and check the spam/junk folder. If it is there it will not download to Outlook or similar programs. If they have not received it have the proctor email us so we can verify their email and resend it.
Rules For Proctoring.
- All proctored exams are taken online by computer. When using an approved proctor we do not and will not set up any paper exams.
- The exams may be taken all at one time or individually at different times as per agreement between the proctor and licensee.
- The proctor will not be compensated by Sure Win Inc. for proctoring. Any fees charged by the proctor will be paid by the student.
- The proctor will administer the exam(s) at a place that is conducive to taking an exam (e.g. reasonably quiet environment, good computer and internet connection, adequate lighting, etc.).
- The proctor must keep all log in information confidential and not share it with the student or any other individual.
- The proctor shall oversee and be visually present for the exam(s). Eliminate as many interruptions and distractions as possible.
- These are CLOSED BOOK exams. The proctor shall prohibit any cheating or misconduct before, during, or after the exam including, but not limited to, the use of books, notes, phone calls, discussions with others, leaving the testing area, sending or receiving information electronically, and copying or making notes of the exams.
- Nobody, including the proctor, may help the student answer or understand the exam questions. Only the student is allowed to see the exam.
- The proctor shall inform Sure Win Inc. of any irregular or questionable occurrences.
- Upon log in the proctor is required to verify the students photo ID. Upon verification the student will proceed to taking the exams.
- The proctor is required to log the student out when they have completed the exams.
Online Proctored Exam Details.
The user name and password for Broker License, Broker Post-License and Managing Broker courses are good for 45 days or until the student has completed all of their exams, whichever comes first. The user name and password for Continuing Education courses are good until May 31st or until the student has completed all of their exams, whichever comes first.
The proctor does not grade and is not expected to understand any content of the exams. Each exam is graded immediately upon completion with the result displayed. These are timed exams. The computer will stop an exam if not completed when the time has expired.
- Self-Study Continuing Education Exams - Each 3 hour course is a 25 question True/False exam and 15 minutes is allowed to take each. Passing is 70% or better.
- Broker Licensing has 2 multiple choice exams - One is 125 questions and 150 minutes is allowed. The other is 25 questions and 30 minutes is allowed. Passing is 75% or better.
- Broker Post-License has 1 multiple choice 25 question exam and 30 minutes is allowed. Passing is 75% or better.
- Managing Broker Licensing has 1 multiple choice 50 question exam and 60 minutes is allowed. Passing is 75% or better.
- Continuing Education exams allow for 1 free retake. The computer will automatically reset the exam so it can be taken over immediately or at another time. If failed twice the licensee must contact Sure Win Inc. and repurchase the course to continue.
- Broker Licensing exams allow for 4 free tries. After the first attempt the computer will automatically reset the exam so it can be taken over immediately or at another time. After the second attempt you need to contact Sure Win Inc. to reset it for two more tries. If failed four times the student must repurchase the course at 1/2 price and redo it to proceed.
- Broker Post-License and Managing Broker Licensing exams allow for 2 free tries. After the first attempt the computer will automatically reset the exam so it can be taken over immediately or at another time. If failed twice the student must contact Sure Win Inc. and pay $25 for two more tries. If failed four times the student must repurchase the course at 1/2 price and redo it to proceed.
- Each time a Continuing Education exam is passed a certificate of completion is emailed. The CE completion will then be reported to the IDFPR.
- Each time a Licensing course exam is passed a confirmation email is sent, an official transcript is mailed, and the completion will then be reported to PSI/AMP.
You fully acknowledge having read the rules, requirements, processes, and procedures. I will personally oversee and remain visually present for the entire time the student is taking the exams and no outside materials are used during the exam. I will not share the log in information with the student or any other individual. You also certify that you are a disinterested 3rd party, not related to the licensee by blood or marriage, do not have an active or inoperative Illinois real estate license, over 21, speak English, and will abide by and follow the rules and processes set forth by Sure Win Inc. and the State of Illinois. Any violation will result in the invalidation of the exams and penalties under law.
SURE WIN Online Proctor Registration click here
CURRENT LICENSEE'S - RENEW YOUR LICENSE
When you have completed and passed all your required Continuing Education exams for the renewal you need to go online and renew your license with the IDFPR. It is your responsibility to pay and renew your license.
- When the renewal system is open (the 90 days prior your expiration date), AFTER you have completed your education (taken and passed all of the required final exams), renew your license. You DO NOT need certificates/transcripts. You DO NOT need the completions reported. The State does not verify either when you renew. NOTE: Complete your education before renewing. While the state audits at a later date they can/do audit completion date compared to renewal date.
- The certificates/transcript are for your records. DO NOT send them in with your renewal. They ARE NOT required to renew.
- Your education completion is reported to the State of Illinois (IDFPR) and NOT to anyone else. It DOES NOT need to be reported to renew. All schools have until the 15th of the following month after completion to report them. If it is before that date check the site after the 15th for verification. If it is after the 15th contact the school where you completed the CE. Additionally, once you renew, your CE completions automatically go into history. Click on "Show History" in the upper right hand corner of page to see them.
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PAY AND RENEW YOUR LICENSE WITH THE IDFPR. You have to be sponsored to renew your license. If not, get sponsored and renew your license at the same time otherwise it will cause delays and possible additional costs.
- There is a link at the bottom of this page to the IDFPR renewal page. Renew by 4/30 otherwise on 5/1 it will cost $50 more. DO NOT conduct licensed activities if you do not renew. You can be disciplined for unlicensed practice.
- If you miss the 4/30 renewal deadline do not worry you have up to 5 years to renew/reinstate your license. You must complete your education first then pay the fees.
- The State IS NOT mailing printed licenses. Within a few days after you renew, you will receive an email with instructions on how to retrieve/download/print your new license. You must get the original to your Sponsoring Broker and print/carry a pocket card. Take a picture of it with your phone so you always have it with you.
WHY SURE WIN?
No Hidden Costs or Fees.
Extensive Online Study Materials.
State of Illinois Reporting Included.
Advanced Proven Online Exam Preparation.
All Materials and Exams Needed Are Included.
Engaging and Enjoyable Live In-Person or Live Webcast Classes.
A Comprehensive Educational Experience With Real World Application.
Experienced, Dedicated, Top Notch Instructors to Help You Every Step of The Way.
THE RIGHT EDUCATION FOR YOU!
IT'S A SURE WIN!
SURE WIN LINKS
For continuing education students to download, print, view, and/or practice the continuing education books, coursework, videos, and sample exams.
For proctors to register to get approved to administer final exams.
IDFPR REAL ESTATE HOME PAGE click here
For the Real Estate Division's Home Page
LOOKUP LICENSE INFORMATION click here
To look up your license number, status, issuance date, expiration date, and sponsor.
Go here look up your current and past CE completions. All schools have until the 15th of the following month after completion to report CE completions. If it is before that date check back after the 15th. If it is after the 15th contact the school. Additionally, once you renew your CE completions automatically go into history. Click on "Show History" in the upper right hand corner of page to see them. NOTE: There is no place you can look up Broker Post-License course completions.
CHANGE ADDRESS or REGISTER/UPDATE EMAIL WITH THE IDFPR click here
To update your address and email for notifications from the IDFPR.
RENEW YOUR LICENSE click here
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PAY AND RENEW YOUR LICENSE WITH THE IDFPR. When the renewal system is open (the 90 days prior your expiration date), AFTER you have completed your CE, renew your license. You DO NOT need certificates. You DO NOT need the completions reported. The State does not verify completions when you renew. Renew by 4/30 otherwise on 5/1 it will cost $50 more.
DOWNLOAD and/or PRINT YOUR LICENSE click here
The State is no longer printing and mailing licenses. Within a few days after you renew, when the system has been updated you can access your new license. You should receive an email with an access code on how to retrieve/download/print your new license. You can also get your license by going here and selecting "Individuals (Date of Birth or SSN). You must get/print the license to provide the original to your Sponsoring Broker to have in the office and possess a pocket card.
SURE WIN INC.
2200 Devon Ave., Suite 246
Des Plaines IL. 60018
Illinois Pre-License School #510.000224
Illinois Continuing Education School #562.000223
Family owned and operated.
Please advise us of any special accommodations needed.
We use handicap accessible locations unless specifically noted on the locations page.
DESTINY IS NOT BY CHANCE, IT IS A CHOICE. IF IT IS TO BE IT IS UP TO ME.
Copyright © SURE WIN INC.