SURE WIN INC., an Illinois corporation, is an Illinois licensed real estate school providing approved licensed courses for real estate Licensing #510.000224 and Continuing Education #562.000223. Family owned and operated, Sure Win is run by Dean Scherwinski, a 30 year veteran of the Illinois real estate business, a licensed Managing Broker #471.003286, Licensing Instructor #512.002644, and CE Instructor #563.001775.
For each visitor to our web site the web server automatically recognizes no information regarding the domain or e-mail address. We collect the e-mail address of those who communicate with us, aggregate and/or specific information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer. The information we collect is used for internal review and is then discarded, used to improve the content of our web site(s), and used by us to contact the consumer.
We collect nonpublic personal information to provide our products and/or services and to provide proper notification to the State of Illinois upon your successful completion of the courses. We collect this information from applications, forms, transactions and what is given us by you either verbally, written, or electronically. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. We strictly prohibit unauthorized disclosure, accidental loss, destruction, improper use, alteration, and/or discussion of personal information. Information collected through our web sites is protected in transit by standard encryption processes however we cannot guarantee the security of information on or transmitted via the internet.
You can order any product or service by Internet, Phone, or Mail. All information requested is needed along with payment to complete your order. We accept Master Card, Visa, AMEX, Discover, PayPal, Checks, Money Orders and Cash. Payment plans are not available unless otherwise stated when ordering.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Prices include all materials needed to complete the course. We do not charge you for sales tax. Any tax due is included in the price unless otherwise stated.
If your order requires delivery, we will deliver it to you, your office or have it delivered to you via USPS. Charges for shipping and handling, if any, are disclosed when ordering and at checkout.
You must complete the coursework and a final exam to receive credit.
- Broker License, Broker Post-License, and Managing Broker License self study courses require the successful completion of quizzes online for each chapter.
- Broker License, Broker Post-License, and Managing Broker License interactive classes require attendance for the full amount of time. The state requires that if you miss more than 10% of the class you must transfer to another class and complete the entire class again to proceed. Transfer fees apply. Additionally any class time missed of less than 10% must be made up.
- Continuing Education self study courses are completed at your own pace with any of Sure Win's study materials for the course. There is no time requirement for studying.
- Continuing Education classes require attendance for the full amount of time. If you miss any part or the entire class, you must transfer to another class and complete the entire class again to proceed. Transfer fees apply.
- All courses require a proctored final exam. We reserve the right to refuse any final exam if the coursework is not complete.
You are required to be in class for the entire time to receive credit so arrive before class starts. Walk-in registrations are accepted.
- Bring your Real Estate License# and a Photo ID.
- Late arrivals will not be admitted.
- Early departures are not permitted.
- You are required to be in class for the entire time to receive credit.
- 6 hours is the maximum number of Continuing Education classroom hours you can take in any one day.
- All pagers and cell phones must be off or silent during class. If your phone rings during class you owe $5. If you let your phone ring you owe an additional $10. If you answer your phone during class you owe $25. You will not be excused to return calls. If you leave the room to answer your phone you owe $50 plus you will have to make up the time missed.
- Recording devices are not allowed.
All course exams are included in the price. Continuing Education classes, group testing and exams taken at our office will be paper exams. Licensing course exams and approved proctored exams are taken online.
- You need to provide a current photo ID and Real Estate License # (if applicable) to take an exam.
- For every 3 hour Continuing Education course you must pass a 25 question T/F closed book exam with a score of 70% or better.
- For every 15 hours of a License course, you must pass a 25 question multiple choice closed book exam with a score of 75% or better. The 90 hour Broker licensing has two exams (125 and 25 questions). 30 hour Broker Post-License has two 25 question exams. 45 hour Managing Broker licensing has two exams (50 and 25 questions)..
License Course Exams
The final exams can be taken at our office by appointment or online with a proctor. We administer exams at our Des Plaines office by appointment Monday through Friday 9:30 am to 2 pm. Email us with the date and time when you want to come in and we will confirm. For details of online proctored exams see our "TAKE EXAMS" page.
Continuing Education Class Exams
Following completion of an in-person Continuing Education class you will take the final exam. You must take the exam at that time unless previous arrangements have been made.
Continuing Education Self Study Exams
Continuing Education self-study exams have these options:
- Testing in your office for groups. Contact Sure Win for details, or
- Set up "ONLINE PROCTORED EXAMS", or
- Take the exams at the SURE WIN office by appointment. We administer exams at our Des Plaines office by appointment Monday through Friday 9:30 am to 4 pm. Email us with the date and time when you want to come in and we will confirm., or
- If taking an in-person class also you can take any self-study exams at the end of the class.
Failing An Exam
If you fail an exam you are allowed a free retake within 30 days.
- If you fail a Continuing Education course exam twice you are required to re-purchase the course to continue.
- If you fail a Broker License course exam four times you must re-purchase and redo the course at 50% of the current price to proceed.
- If you fail a Managing Broker License or Broker Post-License course exam twice you can pay $25 for two more chances. If you fail four times you must re-purchase and redo the course at 50% of the current price to proceed.
Broker & Managing Broker License Course Completion
Upon payment of all fees and successful completion it will be reported to AMP provided you have registered with AMP and have gotten us your AMP student ID#. Additionally, a printed transcript will be provided to you (given after the exam or mailed). Keep this as you will need it when you apply for your license. Requests for an additional transcript or other documentation cost $15.
Broker Post-License Course Completion
Upon payment of all fees and successful completion it will be reported to the IDFPR through AMP provided you have gotten us your AMP student ID#. Additionally, a printed transcript will be provided to you (given after the exam or mailed). DO NOT send it in with your renewal. It is for your records only in case you are audited. Requests for an additional transcript or other documentation cost $15.
Continuing Education Course Completion
Upon payment of all fees and successful completion, your Continuing Education course completion(s) will be reported to the IDFPR. You will also receive Certificates of Completion by email. DO NOT send them in with your renewal. They are for your records only in case ou are audited. Requests for additional certificates or other documentation cost $15.
You Are Responsible To Renew Your License
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PAY AND RENEW YOUR LICENSE WITH THE IDFPR. When the renewal system is open (the 90 days prior your expiration date), AFTER you have completed your required education, renew your license. You DO NOT need certificates or a transcript. You DO NOT need the completions reported. The State does not verify either one when you renew. They audit later.
All Continuing Education courses and the Broker Post-License course expire on May 1st each year. The Broker License and Managing Broker License courses expire 9 months from purchase. Costs for adjustments are as follows:
- Continuing Education course changes requested in type of study (e.g. from Self Study to Classroom) will be charged the additional difference in cost, if any, plus a $25 administration fee.
- Broker Licensing course changes from Self Study to Classroom will be charged an additional $75 administration fee.
- We allow one(1) request for transfer to another class made before the class starts for free. Additional transfers other classes will be charged a $25 administration fee.
- Requests for transfers to another class made after the first class will be charged a $50 administration fee and any hours completed are not transferable.
- Auditing a licensing classes (taking the classes for a second time) without receiving credit is a $100 licensing class audit fee plus the cost of a new book if needed.
- An extension of 3 months for Broker License, Broker Post-License, or Managing Broker License courses will be charged a $75 extension fee.
- To continue with the Broker License course beyond 1 year or to retake of a Broker License course for credit costs $250 reinstatement fee plus the cost of a new book if needed.
- Retake of the Managing Broker License course for credit costs $150 plus the cost of a new book if needed.
Sure Win Inc. reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any class, at any time, for any reason. We will make every effort to contact you as early as possible. You will be able to transfer to another class or home study at no charge, or receive a full refund. Sure Win reserves the right to cancel, substitute or reschedule any instructor without notice.
Cancellations must be submitted by email within 14 days of purchase, before the date of first class, or before completing any coursework or testing for self study, whichever comes first and is subject to a minimum cancellation fee of $25 and up to 50% (1/2) of the cost of the course or package of courses. Additionally:
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations after 14 days from purchase.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations if you have taken one or more of the self study quizzes or exams.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made on or after the date of your earliest class or if you miss part/all of any class. You may transfer to another class to do and/or complete the education for $50.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations for any CE courses purchased prior to April 30th and not completed on or before April 30th.
Returned Check Fee
There will be a $25 fee for all checks returned by your bank, unpaid, for any reason.
Sure Win Inc. reserves the right to expel any student at anytime for any reason. Valid reasons would include, but not limited to, cheating, misconduct, or general disruption of any offices, classrooms, or facilities used. Sure Win reserves the right to determine a refund policy, if any, on a per case basis.
You understand and agree that the owners of this site shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, data or other intangible losses (even if the owners of this site have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the use or the inability to use the product(s) and or service(s) or any misuse of the product(s) and or service(s) in a manner not in accordance with their intended use.